Building and scaling high performing technology organizations
Nicole Forsgren, Jez Humble and Gene Kim, 2018
Through large surveys and data collection from start-ups to large enterprises, using rigorous academic research methods, this book statistically proves that some key capabilities in SW development and delivery drive increased profitability.
- Chapter 1-3 (part 1) is an introduction establishing focus on capabilities, performance measurements and measurement culture.
- Chapter 4 is about the MUST part for any organisation that wants performance in SW delivery; the continuous delivery capabilities.
- Chapter 5 is pointing towards the importance of loosely coupled architecture to enable decision ownership and speed for agile teams.
- Chapter 6-7 proves that utilisation of Agile and Lean practices increase productivity and market share.
- Part 2 is for the reader interested in the statistical science behind the surveys, data collection and conclusion of results.
- Appendix A includes a handy summary of all 24 capabilities referred to in this book.