Welcome to the Scrum of Things Cookbook
The Scrum of Things Cookbook is our guide to Scrum. It is a collection of Scrum practices, methods and information we at MEQIFY want to share to support individuals and teams. We want others to be able to easily learn about and try out Agile ways of working and so created the idea of a cookbook; a fun way to be guided through the essentials of Scrum.
Agile – especially Scrum – is not just for software teams. MEQIFY specialises in supporting hardware delivery teams and, with our tried and tested recipes, we believe Scrum works for software, hardware and everything in between!
Each recipe we have created will include the following:
- Who is involved, the cooks! You will learn who is responsible (i.e. leads others) and who is accountable (i.e. everyone who contributes to the outcome, normally the whole Scrum Team)
- Preparation. Factors you need to thing about in advance of an event or information you need to gather to create an artifact.
- Ingredients. Just as you are reading now, for each recipe we try to clearly list just what people and tools you will need.
- Cooking method. This is the how. Our simple step by step approach. Depending on your experience and team needs – as with any recipe – you are free to add a little extra seasoning in your own style!
- Cooking tips. Here we try to share the depths of our experience to guide you on a path to recipe success. Every recipe we create we have tested extensively ourselves and want to share this insight with you.
Before you start with our recipes, it is great to have some basic understanding of Scrum. But don’t worry! There are plenty of online resources to help you with the basics, such as the Scrum Alliance guide.
How you use this cookbook is up to you! You can dip in and out checking information for the specific things you need, or read through each chapter and recipe like a book to form a full picture of everything.
We really welcome your feedback and are always looking to improve and extend our recipes – don’t hesitate to contact us!